20 Benefits of Strength Training
Strength training is physical activity designed to improve muscular fitness by exercising a specific muscle or muscle groups against external resistance. In Greenville, SC there are many ways to take advantage of this type of training especially when you are doing in-home personal training. Women can benefit greatly by this type of training.
Research shows strength training can do the following:
1. Prevents natural loss of muscle that comes with aging.
2. Improves overall strength.
3. Lowers blood pressure.
4. Increases longevity with a higher quality of life.
5. Elevates mood (helps to alleviate depression).
6. Lowers risk of diabetes (improves glucose control).
7. Improves gut microbiome health.
8. Cuts risk of heart attack by half.
9. Improves motor skills, balance, coordination, & posture.
10. Improves sleep.
11. Helps to reduce weight & maintain lower weight.
12. Increases metabolism, even at rest.
13. Increases bone density, prevents osteoporosis.
14. Improves lung capacity.
15. Improves brain function, lowers chance of memory loss.
16. Increases stamina and endurance.
17. Increases confidence.
18. Improves mobility and flexibility.
19. Decreases arthritis pain.
20. Increases fat loss while dieting.
Your body fat percentage will increase over time if you don’t do anything to replace the lean muscle you lose over time. Strength training can help you preserve and enhance your muscle mass at any age. The healthiest way to ensure a better you is to incorporate strength training in your overall exercise plan.